Elgato have just released their iPhone app (£2.99 – iTunes Link) for the EyeTV Mac tuner range. If like us you watch and record TV with something like the superb EyeTV 250 Plus then you can now stream live TV or recordings to your iPhone, schedule recordings when you are away from home and browse the EPG.
“With the EyeTV app, you can watch, record, and enjoy live and recorded TV on your iPhone or iPod touch. At last, you don‘t have to leave all your great TV shows at home; the EyeTV app puts the power of award-winning EyeTV in the palm of your hand.
The EyeTV app accesses EyeTV running on your Mac at home to deliver these great features to your iPhone:
- Watch live TV and change channels anywhere (Wi-Fi connection required)
- Watch your EyeTV recordings
- Browse the comprehensive Program Guide
- Start recordings back home on your Mac immediately or schedule them for later
- View and edit your recording schedules
The EyeTV running on your Mac converts live TV to the correct format for streaming to the iPhone, ensuring optimal picture quality. The EyeTV app can automatically find your Mac when you are on the road if your router supports UPnP or NAT-PMP protocols. Alternatively, you can manually configure your router and/or use a dynamic DNS service.”