The guys over at CyberSelect sent us some info on this beautiful wall mount dock for the Apple iPad. The powered unit charges the Cupertino tablet and creates an in-wall touch panel to rival the top home automation systems. The motorised slot tilts forward by 20° to allow you to remove the iPad too. Several additions to the range are due before the end of this year including one with a composite output and another in landscape format. Read on for the details and specs.
Using a Wi-Fi connection when the iPad is docked, apps supported by iPad can be downloaded for integration with the control system. A gentle tap on the multi-touch display or swipe and tap provides easy access to the range of apps available. Downloading of new apps and iTunes content may be done with the iPad mounted in the iRoom via your Wi-Fi network. The iRoom iDock can be installed in solid or stud walls but must only be used with the its flush-mounted back box (part number N310510BB/PV). Operation without the flush-mounted back box will void the warranty.
For easy removal of the Apple iPad you activate the invisible proximity sensor and the iPad slot tilts forward by 20°. The iPad slot remains in remove-position for 10 seconds – after which the slot is automatically moved to the closed position. As an alternative you can disconnect the proximity sensor and connect an external device, such as a Fingerprint touch contact, onto the unused terminals.
If the slot mechanism overloaded, the iPad slot automatically moves to remove-position to avoid injury and damage to the equipment. Likewise in the case of a power failure, the iPad slot again opens to guarantee removal of the iPad.
- The iRoom iDock Basic Video has an additional composite video output. (Available December 2010)
- A horizontal format version of both the Basic and the Basic Video will also be available in December 2010
- The iRoom iDock Code range will be available in February 2011. These are identical to the various Basic models but have a 1-6 digit keypad for entering your own security code, to enable release of the iPad from the dock.
- Stereo audio output: 2 x RCA phono
- Contact input terminal: 1
- Power supply: 85-264 V AC, 47-63 Hz / 15 W
- Dimensions iDock (W x H x D): 220mm x 310mm x 63mm
- Back box dimensions (W x H x D): 215mm x 305mm x 67mm (projects 38mm into wall)”
Available now from £750 @ cyberselect.co.uk : i-Room