We reported back in April that the KAT5 Mark2 designs were finished and starting production in a new plant in the UK. As of this morning the units are now on sale. More details in the press release below.
LONDON – 1st August 2005 – Laser Business Systems are delighted to announce an exclusive manufacturing and distribution alliance with Indigo Electronics. Laser will now manufacture and distribute the KAT5 products under licence.
The KAT5 range of affordable audio/video modules allow the transmission of high quality signals over the CAT5 cables that are being fitted in many new housing developments and bespoke smart homes.
Taking advantage of this “structured cabling” the KAT5 system allows users to send pictures and sound around their homes. Laser and Indigo are pleased to announce the launch of the new feature rich Mark 2 units. Improvements over the mark 1 include:-
- IR Pass Through – This allows remotely located source equipment to be controlled from the viewing room.
- SCART Control – This replicates the SCART Switching signals from the source equipment at the viewing room allowing the source to send a signal to switch to widescreen mode on the TV/Projector at the remote location.
- AVTX Switchable Termination – The transmitter now features switchable input termination allowing multiple KAT5 Transmitters to be connected to the same source equipment using simple Passive SCART splitters rather than needing expensive active splitters. This also allows a KAT5 Transmitter to be connected to a source at the same time as a TV.
- AVRX Switchable Termination – The receiver now features switchable termination allowing more than one receiver to be fed from a single transmitter.
- S-Video Mixdown – A new feature to the AVRX is S-Video Mixdown. This allows an S-Video source to be mixed down to composite video for TVs that do not support S-Video signals.
Also available are the AVTX-RGB and AVRX-RGB units, which are suitable for carrying high quality RGBS signals to Plasma Screens and Projectors. Units are on sale and available now from www.laser.com (worldwide shipping available now).
About Indigo Electronics – www.kat5.tv
Established in 1978, Indigo Electronics are an innovative company dedicated to developing high quality AV distribution products at mass market prices. Its range of KAT5 products are already in homes and even TV studios around the world.
About Laser Business Systems – www.laser.com
The UK’s first ever “Smart Home” technology eTailer, Laser have been supplying the home automation market from its on-line store since 1995. Laser now sells over 600 product lines and its subsidiary cbus-shop.com is a national distributor for C-Bus products.”