Schneider Electric, the UK distributors of Clipsal C-Bus products, tell us they are hoping to launch the new C-Touch C-5000CT2 Spectrum Touchscreen next month.
“The Clipsal C-Touch Spectrum builds on the success of the B&W MKII Touch screens with new features and a bright new appeal. The unit connects directly to the C-Bus network where it is wholly powered via a dedicated four-way removable phoenix connector, which is located on the rear of the in-wall unit, and under the base of the desktop unit.
In-wall models take advantage of the same mounting hardware as the B&W MKII model. The range of fascias for the in-wall version, include the sensing loop for the proximity sensing feature whilst the desktop has this feature built in.
Installer Features – To ensure the in-wall unit is fast and easy to install in clad walls, mounting wings provide easy fit-off without the need for wall plates or plaster brackets. Further installer benefits include:
- Programming via a standard USB port on the front (under the fascia for the in-wall models) or on the side of the unit
- USB port can be used as a PC interface to the C-Bus system
- Uses same installation hardware and accessories as the B&W MKII Series product
- Available with or without C-Bus Logic Engine
- Powered wholly from C-Bus
- Desktop version can be fixed to the table top.
User Features – To provide the user with an improved interface, the following has been included:
- Wide range of fascia colours and styles are available
- Anti-fingerprint screen
- 65k colour screen
- Proximity sensing for wake-up and control functions.
The unit is available in a non-logic version [C5050CT2WE] at £1,111+VAT and a version with logic on board [C5080CTL26] at £1,461+VAT.