iRobot have launched a the new “500 Series” range of Roomba home robot vacuum cleaners.
“With the Roomba 500 series, iRobot further raised the IQ of home care. The new robots can free themselves from almost any household jam, minimizing the need to prep rooms before Roomba begins cleaning. Using wireless technology, the robots now know when they have finished cleaning one room and then move on to the next.
The iRobot Roomba 500 series includes the following new features:
- A solid, heavy-duty design featuring modular components for enhanced durability and easy servicing
- Anti-tangle technology so Roomba can extract itself from tassels and cord tangles
- iRobot’s proprietary built-in, light-touch intelligent sensing system that can detect when Roomba is approaching a wall or obstacle and automatically slow the robot for a gentler impact and quieter operation
- One-button activation, simply press “clean” and go
- A built-in voice tutorial for new users that demonstrates Roomba’s features right out of the box
- A new mobility platform that allows Roomba to travel on thicker carpets, climb higher thresholds, and transition easily between floor surfaces
- New re-designed dustbin holds significantly more debris
- Colorful faceplates in white, steel blue, champagne, burnt orange, silver, charcoal, and chestnut so people can personalize Roomba to match their style