Mk2 KAT5 Units – Building on the success of the original KAT5 modules we are pleased to announce the launch of the new feature rich Mark 2 units.
The “AVTX” (transmitter) and AVRX (receiver) units support Composite or S-Video with Stereo Audio as before, but the new units now bring the added functionality of IR Pass Through and SCART Control as standard!
- IR Pass Through – This allows remotely located source equipment to be controlled from the viewing room. For example, if you use your Kat5 unit to pipe the output of your home cinema system downstairs to your bedroom upstairs, you can now control your DVD player etc all over a single Cat5 cable!
- SCART Control – This replicates the SCART Switching signals from the source equipment at the viewing room. This gives the impression that a long SCART cable connects the two devices. If your source sends the signal to switch to widescreen mode, your TV/Projector at the remote location will receive that command too, all over the single Cat5 cable…
- AVTX Switchable Termination – The transmitter now features switchable input termination allowing multiple KAT5 Transmitters to be connected to the same source equipment using simple Passive SCART splitters rather than needing expensive active splitters. This also allows a KAT5 Transmitter to be connected to a source at the same time as a TV.
- AVRX Switchable Termination – The receiver now features switchable termination allowing more than one receiver to be fed from a single transmitter. For example you could send the output of a single FreeView box to many TVs in your home.
- S-Video Mixdown – A new feature to the AVRX is S-Video Mixdown. This allows an S-Video source to be mixed down to composite video for TV’s that do not support S-Video signals. For example, you may want to distribute a high quality S-Video Signal to all the TVs in your home. Perhaps the TV in the kitchen can only take a composite feed. No problem – all the other TVs get S-Video, and with a flick of a dip switch the receiver unit in the kitchen converts the S-Video to Composite!
Also available are the AVTX-RGB and AVRX-RGB units, which are suitable for carrying high quality RGBS signals to Plasma Screens and Projectors (these units have no audio capability).
Versions of all units can be ordered with alternative connectors such as BNC, Phono and MiniDIN although these will not support the SCART switching functions.
(Mk2 units are compatible with Mk1 units but IR and SCART functionality will only be available if the Mk1 unit is upgraded with the optional IR Upgrade)