The rumours were true, CommandFusion have just released iViewer Lite in the iTunes Store. The £34.99 app is aimed at the DIY Home Automation market and it has the following restrictions over the full version of the software – Each GUI can have a maximum of 200 objects (buttons, sliders, etc). Pages and subpages on an iPad are limited to a combined total of 10 (iPhone/iPod is unlimited). GUI linking (launching another GUI file) is not allowed.
CommandFusion’s iViewer, our professional automation remote control product, now comes in a “lite” version designed for DIY automation users and smaller automation projects.
Available today, the iOS app iViewer Lite offers a cost effective way for DIY users and installers of smaller automation systems to create their own custom graphical user interfaces (GUIs) on an iOS device. These GUIs can be used to control any system that is controllable via Ethernet. Utilising CommandFusion’s free ‘guiDesigner’ Windows program, users can create a GUI that looks and behaves the way they desire. Some possible uses for iViewer Lite include controlling a home entertainment system, a heating/cooling system or anything else the user can imagine.
The time is right for us to provide a cost effective solution that makes iViewer more accessible to not only DIY users, but also for installers of less complicated systems. We think it offers the best value for money in its segment. ” said Jarrod Bell, Co-Founder, CommandFusion.
- Create GUIs for any networked device that can be controlled – Home automation & control systems, boardrooms, lecture theatres, yachts, media centers, remote control vehicles, etc
- Purchased through app store – buy once, install on any device associated with the customers Apple ID
- Directly control as many systems as required (TCP/UDP/HTTP), no additional hardware required.
- Totally customize entire interface with guiDesigner software (free)
- Create different page views for portrait and landscape modes
- Cost-effective for DIY automation
- Supports all iOS devices (iPads, iPhones, iPod touch)
- Works with any control system, including our own automation hardware
In addition CommandFusion have also released an Android version of iViewer which is available now from the Google Play Store. Check out the links below for both apps.