British smart home accessories manufacturer Faradite has announced a new volt-free variant to its range of low profile motion sensors that are designed for the modern smart home. Faradite say The Motion Sensor 360 has been developed in response to demand from integrators for a volt-free sensor that can be integrated into smart home control systems such as Lutron, Crestron and Control4.
Key features include:
- Sensor can be powered by a 5V-24V supply and the volt-free/dry contact interface allows for integration with multiple control systems.
- Compact design that sits just 3.5mm proud of the ceiling and is as small as a GU10 spotlight. This means it’s hardly visible when mounted, making it a conspicuous choice for a design-conscious client.
- Sensor is 100% silent (no annoying noisy clicking relay, the sensor has a solid-state relay)
- Uses latest digital passive infra-red sensing technology to reduce lens size whilst maintaining range and viewing angle. Detection area is ~8m diameter when sensor is mounted at a height of 3m; performance that is normally only achievable in sensors with large, unsightly domes.
- The optional Fire IDR accessory provides a fire rating of 60 minutes, making it well suited to multi dwelling unit projects where it’s imperative that the fire rating of the ceiling is maintained.
- Push-fit and removable connectors ensure both an efficient installation and rapid temporary removal at various stages of the system commissioning.
The Motion Sensor 360 is available now from faradite.com