Gizmodo have reviewed the new Honeywell touchscreen controller and remote. The Prestige system launched late last year and is described as “the world’s first high-definition, full-color thermostat”. At around $400 it’s an affordable system can work in conjuction with the Honeywell wireless remote control and wireless outside temperature and humidity sensor. Watch the video below.
Prestige Comfort Systems have Honeywell RedLINK technology inside – giving you endless possibilities for controlling and monitoring comfort inside your home with our lifestyle enhancements like the Portable Comfort Control and our TrueSTEAM Humidification System.
Prestige Comfort Systems come standard with an Outdoor Sensor that sends a signal to the thermostat to display outdoor temperature and humidity right on the home screen. Use the information to prepare for your day and to make decisions about when to run your heating and cooling. For instance, if it’s cooler outside than it is inside, you can open up your windows to save energy rather than running your system.
At Honeywell, we don’t think it should be hard for you to be comfortable – and we don’t use the term “comfortable” loosely. To us, comfort is more than just being able to have the right temperature. It’s also about being comfortable with using your thermostat so that you can get the energy savings you need. Prestige’s patented, interview-based setup screens use natural language to
ask questions like “What time does the first person wake up in the morning?” to guide you through programming with no need for an owner’s manual. It programs itself, so you don’t have to. And if you do have a question, simply press the HELP button. The on-board user’s manual gives you definitions and directions for every screen.”
- World’s first high-definition, full-color thermostat
- Patented, interview-based programming and installer set-up
- USB port for transferring installer setup options and adding dealer logo on-screen
- RedLINK-enabled to work with the Portable Comfort Control™ and Wireless Outdoor Sensor
- Displays outdoor temperature and humidity
- Wireless humidity control with TrueSTEAM™
- Universal application: 3 heat, 2 cool
- User Friendly – consumer rated up to 10 times easier to use than other thermostats
- Tri-Lingual – English, Spanish and French installation and display options