Marmitek have launched their second generation wireless HDMI system . The 3 piece setup comprises of a transmtter, a receiver and a remote control. The GigaVideo820 allows you to remove the tether between your source and your display device – for example you could feed a projector without the need for a cable running to it from your Blu-ray player. The unit promises full 1080p HD capability at up to 30m and without introducing any further compression. The GigaView820 is available now at around £360. Read on for all the full specs and photos…
Why transmit HDMI wirelessly? – The enthusiasm about a stunning TV, hanging on the wall like a picture, reduced significantly when it became clear that it was tricky to hide all the cables. Cables laid to the projector on the ceiling are unlikely to win any beauty prizes either. The Marmitek GigaView820, however, makes this situation a thing of the past. You mount the receiver easily and out of sight on the wall behind your TV or on the ceiling next to your projector. An ingenious system then allows you to continue to operate the connected HD devices even though they are out of sight.
Switcher, transmitter and splitter in one! – The GigaView820 is an HDMI switcher, transmitter and splitter in one! It wirelessly transmits the uncompressed HD signal from two connected HD devices, without a loss of quality, to your HDTV or projector elsewhere on the same floor. The built-in HDMI splitter means that you can also connect an HDTV to the transmitter so that you can continue to watch the connected devices locally.
Uncompressed – With the GigaView820, the Full HD signal wirelessly bridges a distance of 30 metres (LOS) to the HDTV or projector without any loss of quality. The Marmitek GigaView820 transmits the 1080p signal without first compressing it. The wirelessly received signal is then sent on without delay (ideal for game consoles and if the sound is running via a different source to the image) with exactly the same properties as when it is transmitted over a top quality HDMI cable.
How does it work? – The GigaView820 comprises two stylised boxes which serve as transmitter and receiver respectively. The receiver is connected to the TV, while the transmitter can be connected to a TV or beamer and two HD devices. This may be any A/V device that is equipped with an HDMI output, such as Blu-ray® players, digital video, recorders (DVRs), HD set-top boxes, gaming consoles (Wii, PS3™ or Xbox® 360), Media Center PCs or standard DVD players/recorders. Switching between these devices is simple with one press of a button on the remote control supplied. Another important advantage of the GigaView820 is that it is no longer necessary to constantly plug and unplug cables from HD devices into/out of the HDTV or projector.
HDCP – The Marmitek GigaView820 supports all digital resolutions, including 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p @ 60fps (Full HD) and the product fulfils 100% of the HDCP standard. High-bandwidth Digital Copy Protection (HDCP) is a system which prevents pirating practices. Decoders with HDCP only transmit a digital signal to devices that also support HDCP, such as the Marmitek GigaView820.
Price and availability – The Marmitek GigaView820 has a recommended retail price of € 399 (359 GBP) incl. VAT and is available immediately. Further information and sales addresses can be found on www.marmitek.com
- Replace your HDMI cable wirelessly and locate your HDTV or projector wherever you want.
- Mount the receiver (out of sight) behind your HDTV or on the ceiling next to your projector. No more visible cables.
- Watch up to 2 (HD) devices such as Blu-ray® players, digital video recorders (DVRs), HD set-top boxes, PS3™ or Xbox® game consoles or standard DVD players/ recorders elsewhere in your home and easily switch between the sources connected without changing plugs.
- The built-in HDMI splitter means that you can also connect an HDTV to the Transmitter so that you can continue to watch the connected devices locally.
- Operate your A/V sources from anywhere, even through a wall or cupboard door, using the IR receiver.
- The HD signal does not experience any delays and is therefore perfect for game consoles.
- Digitally supports all 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p (Full HD) resolutions from up to 30 metres.
- 100% HDCP compliant.
- Sends the HD signal uncompressed.