The guys over at Vesternet have just given us the skinny on the all new VeraLite Z-Wave home automation controller from Micasaverde.
“VeraLite is created for users that already have a WiFi router and want to add home control at the most affordable price. VeraLite runs the same home control engine with all the capabilities of Vera3, and it is perfect for users with small to medium sized networks. VeraLite’s sleek new design and built-in battery pack makes set-up convenient. Just like Vera3, VeraLite comes with our newest user interface, UI5. You have unlimited options for scenes, rooms, timers, events and notifications. Read more about using VeraLite for security, energy saving, home theater and remote home management.
- No Monthly Fee – Secure, remote access over web and mobile phone is FREE.
- Convenient User Interface (UI) – VeraLite’s easy-to-follow setup process will have you up and running in no time. VeraLite uses our 5th generation user interface, UI5, with more features than ever.
- Guaranteed compatibility with ALL Z-Wave devices – Includes deadbolt locks, scene controllers, all kinds of sensors and lighting, thermostats, energy metering and more. VeraLite lets you can take advantage of everything the Z-Wave world offers, and also the ability to add in IP cameras, some alarm panels, IR devices, Control4 and more.
- Expandable Applications – Our growing APP store includes numerous 3rd party apps that extend your experience, such as weather forecasting, media control, alarm panel integration, remote live video streaming, etc., and more and it’s growing all the time.
- Energy Monitoring – VeraLite’s advanced energy metering capabilities empower you to take control of your energy bill and start saving money.
- Advanced set-up Tab – VeraLite is extensible to also appeal to enthusiasts and advanced users with features seen only in high-end systems, like infrared/universal remote control, integration with monitored alarm system, ability to bridge multiple ZWave networks, works with INSTEON, X10 and other platforms.
- Video Monitoring – Stream live video from plug and play IP cameras even on your smartphone; store video footage on our secure servers that you can access from anywhere.
- Bridge Multiple VeraLite Devices Over IP – Enhance the range by bridging 2 or more VeraLite devices over IP that operate as one controller.
- Open APIs – VeraLite’s home control engine, created by MiOS, has open architecture allowing you or your developers to create new Apps to offer to all VeraLite users.
- No Broadband Connection Needed for local control – VeraLite can set-up and configure your network and control all your devices without any internet connection.