Our Forums have information on this new X10 based touch screen controller. The 3.6″ QVGA unit can be wall or desktop mounted. It requires a CM11 or CM12 X10 interface and should be priced around the 500 Euro. Read on for the all the specs plus news of its big brother.
“The BV X10 Control Touch Screen is designed to allow full 2-way control of X10 enabled products such as lighting, appliances, and shutters etc. while providing the convenience of 1 button scenes and unique automated scenes. The intuitive touch screen allows manual control of each system, full scene control, and multiple scheduled events. The unit is self contained, battery backed up, and there is no need for a centralized controller or wired repeaters (zero footprint).
The XTS36 is a full featured colour 3.6 inch ¼ VGA Touch Panel unit. The device features an active matrix wide viewing angle LCD display with exceptional brightness and high contrast. The Touch Screen comes in a table top enclosure; however, the screen can be easily removed from the base and installed in a standard 2 gang electrical box.
Home Screen – The Home Screen is an intuitive screen that displays the current time, date and status of the schedules. The user is able to select scenes, control X10 modules or change schedules.
Scheduling – Simple to use software is used to create pre-programmed schedules. The scheduling screen allows the user to easily turn schedules on and off.
Manual Screen – When manual is selected, the customer is offered a list of controllable devices. This could be lights, appliances or shutters. Several options are presented for turning the light on/off and ifappropriate, dim levels. Module statuses are displayed.
Scenes Screen – Scenes allow the facility to predefine activities for the user. Popular scenes are for example Wake Up, Good Night, Reading, and Television. These routines can adjust the controlled devices to create a consistent look at the touch of a button providing a relaxing atmosphere.
- Full featured, high resolution colour display which is easy to read and simple to navigate
- Easy to use Lighting configuration software package for customizing of Scenes, Schedules, Rooms and individual Lights
- Easy to use Screen customisation software package for customizing screen layout and languages. (English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch and German are available)
- Manual device control with feedback of current module status
- Scene Control
- Multiple individually selectable Scheduled Events including Dawn/Dusk with offset
- Timer controls for individual lights programmable on screen (1-999 minutes)
- Status indication for intensity and module response
- Battery backup for Real Time Clock
- Available in table top or direct mounting into standard two-gang electrical box
- Optional IR remote control
XTS36 Touch Screen Specifications
- High Brightness, High Contrast LCD display
- Active matrix (TFT)
- 3.6 inch diagonal
- 320 by 240 resolution, Wide viewing angle, LED backlight (Software controlled)
- 400MHZ/ 800MMACs High Performance Processor
- Memory – 16 Mbyte RAM , 8 Mbyte Flash
- Graphic Engine – 24 Bit RGB 16,384,000 colours
- 10 –28 VDC input voltage
- Power consumption approx. 170 ma @ 12VDC
X10 Touchscreen Forum Thread : [Thanks Toscal]