Keene Electronics have just announced an new in-wall audio amplifier. This product is aimed at the whole house audio installer wanting to create a tidy installation in a smart home setup.
It is a high quality stereo audio amplifier that’s built into a std sized UK double pattress. It provides 20W (RMS per channel) of amplification eliminating the need to make space for a conventional amplifier.
It draws it’s own power from an externally located mains adaptor and control is by infra red remote.
- Flush mount – fits into a wall
- IR control
- 20W RMS per channel
Fully complimentary output stages with built in short circuit, open circuit, thermal and under voltage protection.
- Built in cross pole crowbar protection diode
- Microcontroller controlled amplifier.
- Full remote control (carrier frequency 56 KHz)
- Volume Up, Volume Down plus 10 preset volumes, standby (sleep) and mute functions.
- Bedroom friendly LED’s follow ambient light and get darker as the room gets darker.
- LED indication of Power, On Up and Down.
- Recommended (supplied option) psu is small light weight switch mode unit.
- Installer friendly screw terminals for speaker & line input
Power output: 20W RMS per channel into 4ohms
Distortion: < 1% typically less than 0.2% up to rated power
Bandwidth: 20Hz to 20KHz Passive limitation built in
Supply: 10V to 15V (absolute max 18V DC) minimum current 3.0A. Connection via a 2.1mm DC connector centre positive, auto mute on under voltage.
Fuse: self resetting 3A built in – to clear remove power for at least 20 seconds, clear fault and reconnect
Amplifier topology: full bridge mode all speaker connections are live ( no common ground connection)
Recommended minimum speaker impedance: 4 ohms per channel
Absolute minimum speaker impedance: 2 ohms per channel
Voltage gain: 27dB
Input required to produce full output: approx 775Mv