In 2007 we ran a story on the tiny linux PC The Linutop. Now the diminutive system has hit version 2.4 and with it an official launch in the UK. The pint-sized, open source Linux PC is designed to run silently and is highly energy efficient at just 8 watts.
The Linutop 2.4 simplifies remote connection setup with its innovative real-time remote management. This makes it as easy as possible for IT managers and even office workers with limited IT knowledge to manage any PC via a network connection. The small Linux PC can also be used as a thin client in order to connect to remote application on the network, which in turn minimises maintenance costs because the devices can be managed centrally.
New network management feature – The Linutop 2.4 enables USB back up that simplifies the duplication of the configuration on several devices. “This approach makes it very simple to duplicate or update the configuration of the device. Users can save the setup of the Linutop 2.4 on a USB stick and easily copy it on an unlimited number of devices,” explains Frederic Baille, CEO and co-founder of Linutop.
The Linutop 2.4 also includes a new network management feature that simplifies the use of WiFi USB antennas. The small Linux PC now automatically reconnects to wireless networks after any unforeseen drops in the network connection”.
- Processor: AMD Geode LX800 (x86)
- Weight: 580 gr (20 oz)
- Power: <8W/12V-3,3A / AC adapter 110-240V~ 50/60Hz
- Size: 14 x 14 x 3.5 cm (5.5×5.5×1.38 in)
- RAM: 512 MB up to 1GB
- Storage: 1 GB Flash Memory (Internal)
- Network: 10/100baseT Ethernet (RJ-45)
- PXE Boot: Thin client use
- Audio: 1 in & 2 out 3mm jack
- Video:VGA output (SUB-D15), resolution 1920×1440 max, 2D Graphic Acceleration
- Extension: 4x USB 2.0 ports
- Anti-theft: Kensington Security Slot
- Miscs: Internal clock backup. Power on button. Strong Aluminum Case
- Warranty: 1 year (extensible to 3 years)
The Linutop 2.4 is available for direct purchase via resellers and at www.linutop.com priced at £280 + VAT.