The 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat is now available to order in the UK, France, Netherlands, Belgium and Republic of Ireland.
In addition to its new design, the 3rd generation Nest Thermostat offers improved boiler support that now delivers remote hot water control and advanced compatibility with OpenTherm heating systems. New design features include a slimmer profile, a high-resolution screen that’s 40 percent larger and an updated user interface that makes it easier to read temperatures, alerts and messages. And Farsight, a new software feature, automatically displays the target temperature or time when movement is sensed across the room.
New features for the 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat
• Hot water (exclusive to Europe) – The Nest Thermostat can now control your hot water tank, in addition to central heating. You can adjust the hot water schedule from your phone or thermostat, boost from anywhere, and Auto-Away works with your hot water tank to help save energy when no one’s home (after 2 days).
• Advanced modulation with OpenTherm (exclusive to Europe) – Nest now uses OpenTherm to enable two-way communication between compatible boilers and the 3rd generation Nest Thermostat to work out the precise amount of gas to burn to reach or maintain the requested temperature, rather than simply turn the boiler on or off, helping to save energy, increase comfort and prolonging the life of your heating system.
• Sleek new design – The Nest Thermostat has a 40 percent larger, brighter, high-resolution screen and new graphics so you can see it easier from far away. The crisp screen has 229 pixels per inch (ppi), 25 percent more than the current generation Nest Thermostat. The 3rd generation Nest Thermostat also has a slightly thinner profile so it can sit flush against the wall.
• Farsight – Previously, you had to be pretty close to get the Nest Thermostat to wake up and turn on the display. Farsight takes advantage of the new high-resolution screen so that you can see useful information on the Nest Thermostat from across the room. You can set the thermostat to display target temperature, an analog clock or digital clock, or turn Farsight off.
The 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat is available from today with a recommended retail price of £199/€249 (VAT included). The stand for the 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat is sold separately for a recommended retail price of £29/€35 (VAT included)
- Connected programmable thermostat that lets you control your heating more efficiently. You can control up to 20 thermostats per home
- Change the temperature and more from your smartphone (iOS and Android)
- Smart programming to help you save energy. The Nest thermostat smartly adjusts itself to your preferred temperatures, your home’s insulation and the weather outside
Last update on 2021-03-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API