Cytech have just launched upgrade packages aimed at existing users of their Comfort Intelligent Home System. Users with installations using the original Comfort 1 system introduced in the UK in 1999 will be able to upgrade to Comfort 2.
“We hope that many of the thousands of Comfort 1 users will take the opportunity to upgrade to Comfort 11 and keep their systems current. This will allow us to provide better support,” said Cytech director, L Y Chiu. “These new, very attractively-priced packages include the Comfort 11 PCB with a special mounting plate allowing it to mount on the Comfort 1 enclosure.”
The benefits of Comfort II over Comfort I include:
- “Flashable” CPU with upgradable firmware using UCM05 and Comfigurator. Update firmware with the latest features and bug fixes if applicable
- Built in Battery protection if battery voltage drops during extended power failure
- Two way intercom between Keypads and Door Stations, Phone and Keypad or Door station
- If/Then/Else conditional logic and combination logic conditions IF, OR supported (with Comfigurator 3 software)
- Sunrise/Sunset times and automatic Daylight Saving Time changes based on City or Lattitude/Longitude coordinates
- Accurate Real Time Clock (typically 1 minute per month)
- 32 Time Programs, 16 Reminder Messages, 64 Timers in Ultra II
- 600 Alarm Events in Event Log (Ultra II)
- EN50131 Compliance (optional) for Europe
- Electrical isolation of circuit from Earth for better protection from surge voltages (eg induced Lighting)
- VoiceProc/VoicePlay software allows customised wordlists in any language to be developed
- More Support for external interfaces
Further details of the Comfort 11 Upgrade Packages can be found on cytech-europe.co.uk. The Comfort Upgrade packages cost around £300 and £400 and are available to order from the following websites..