CeBotics have just released V3.0 of their home automation software and you can now download a free 30 day trial…
“CeBotics is thrilled to announce the availability of HouseBot version 3. This is the first major release of the software since it was acquired from Meedio. There are many new enhancements and stability improvements in version 3…
ersion 3 sells for $69.99 (USD) for a new licensed version. Or $10.00 (USD) for an upgrade license from version 2.x. You can upgrade from the CeBotics or Meedio version of HouseBot.
The trial version of HouseBot is a full featured version that will run without limits for 30 days. Upgrading over an existing licensed version 2.x will require an upgrade license to run (there is no trail for installing over a licensed copy).
Software Remote Changes:
- New option to color adjust images. This option significantly simplifies the effort to use controls of various colors.
- New 3.0 Theme. This Theme uses gray tones for all images to help leverage the new color adjustment feature.
- New support for running multiple SWRemotes on the same machine.
- New keyboard shortcuts for controls.
- New “context” option for panel change buttons that allow popup panels to specify different Device and Property values depending on which panel change button was pressed to open the Panel.
- New option for images to keep aspect ratio.
- New option for doubleclick of list control to set second property.
- New “Minimize to tray” option.
- New “Start minimized” option.
- New command line option for initial X & Y (left and top) screen coordinates.
- Hard button support for PC Enter key (maps to cursor Enter button).
- Improved Image control to handle same named image files but from different directories.
- New Civil Sunrise/Sunset Properties were added to the System Time Device. These work similar to the current Sunrise and Sunset properties, but are calculated using civil twilight times.
- New ASCII protocol for External control plugin.
- Insteon Improvements. It is now possible to programmatically link devices. This allows linking to groups to control individual buttons/lights on the KeypadLinc.
- The Insteon plugin is now included in the main HouseBot setup package.
- New NetCallerID plugin.
- Added two new properties to the IR Devices Device plugin for controlling setting a fixed numeric code length for the numeric pass-through property, and a property to set the inter-code delay.
HouseBot Server Changes:
- New method to send numeric IR codes from a Property without having to configure every possible numeric property value.
- Task conditions can now test text to see if it ‘contains’ a portion of text in addition to the existing Equal, Not Equal, < and >.
- New Task Action for “Execute Script”. This can be used to easily invoke a script from a Task without having to create a separate Script Device.
- Auto compact and backup the main HouseBotdatabase once a month.
- New backup option backup (and zip) entire config directory.
- New option to specify the initial server window state. Can now be set to start minimized or maximized in addition to the default last state setting.
- Log file time/dates now use HouseBot configured formats.
- Error messages that are displayed in the status line are automatically cleared after a period of time.
- Improvements to maximum lengths of Property Values.
- New option for Task conditions to further restrict condition by the source of the change.