If This Then That is turning into a really interesting home automation controller in the Cloud.
Now evohome can work with the 134 connected products and services – from weather services and iOS/Android locations to calendars and even sports apps, allowing users to have even more control over their connected home – and home heating.
Now you can turn your Netatmo into a weather compensator for your heating system for example.
At launch, the evohome channel will have plenty of useful actions, which could generate these other ‘recipes’ examples…
- IF you exit a specific post code, THEN turn off your heating
- IF the temperature outside drops below 5° Celsius THEN turn your heating on
- IF the temperature outside rises above 25 degrees, THEN turn off your heating
- IF it starts snowing THEN set your bedroom to 22 degrees
- IF my calendar says I am on holiday, THEN set your evohome to turn off the heating
Jeremy Peterson, general manager of Honeywell’s EMEA Home Comfort & Energy Systems division, said: “We are really excited to expand the level of control that users can have with our smart thermostat by making evohome even more connected – and this is just the beginning. Over time IFTTT support will enable us to have even deeper integration, and use evohome as the trigger for other channels. For instance, users will be able to dictate: ‘IF evohome says that it is above 22° Celsius in the nursery, THEN send me a text message.”’.