Ian Dixon has an interesting article on an add-on for Windows Media Center which allows users to access the “Live Spaces” system and its IM and VoIP features.
“Remember my blog post on the Nemo Project? Well its back and now called Windows Live for TV. Here are the features:
Live TV is an additional program for Windows Media Center which will provide access to Spaces, Messenger, and Live Call, all wrapped up in a ten foot interface. Here’s the feature list from Ideas:
- Browse millions of Spaces in rich 3D graphics with new Gallery views and full keyword search
- Find out what your friends have been doing and saying on Windows Live Spaces
- Have real-time text and voice conversations*
- Call your friends’ mobile or landline telephones by signing up with Verizon Web Calling to make affordable domestic and international calls**
- Easily navigate with your mouse, keyboard or a TV remote (remote navigation requires Microsoft Media Center Remote and IR)
- Make free PC-to-PC calls to other Windows Live Messenger users.
*Both parties must have compatible webcams, microphones, and speakers
**Requires voice calling in Windows Live Messenger Client”