• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndroidNut
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2018

Wall mounting your tablet device?

Hey all, looking to wall mount my tablet as create a kind of central smart hub of the house, as have most of the house controls running from one interface on my tablet.

Just wondering what solutions every one else has tried or is using?

I have seen things like iPort but they cost upwards of $300 for the set up, and also i saw this on Kickstarter the other day: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...harger-for-you

Would be good to share some ideas.

Thanks
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

I've seen 3M Command strips used successfully.

Comment

• AndroidNut
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2018

Ye i have used that in the past Paul, and it always seemed a bit amatuer-ish. plus the sound the of Velcro makes me shiver haha. Also had little shelf brackets i tried for the tablet upstairs, again same low end look. I suppose everything else in the house is set up so nicely i want this to look the same.

I have backed that Waalflower campaign, think it would be the best solution (if they make it, it is a Kickstarter after all)

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Vogel do a wall mount for about 30 pounds.
        I have seen people use an old picture frame.
        Last edited by toscal; 3 December 2018, 08:30 PM.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
          Automated Home Legend
          • Dec 2007

we have several 7" Android tablets about the house - to show data, weather forecasts, spoken messages, etc - and use these for all of them ...

neater than many & quite economical, can be used two ways, both adaptable to many situations - shelf, desk, wall (drill back support & screw to wall), sitting on the radio, intercom unit, etc ... if needed, add a short strip(s) of velcro to secure tablet to stand ... also available in black or silver, and we used whichever best matched the tablets - result, very neat, we think ...
          Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 18 December 2018, 05:32 PM.
          Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

Working...
          X