• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Skirting Board Radiators

Has anybody any experience of using Evohome with skirting board radiators, particularly those from DiscreteHeat?

It may be that in the near future we will do some alterations to the house which result in the repositioning of radiators and the type of radiator supplied by DiscreteHeat appeals. I don’t think there is another in the market who does the same. Whilst they do have a thermostatically controlled system it would not be compatible with Evohome and it seems that one would have to add to the flow pipe an appropriate valve to take an HR92. I think it can be done to look OK if perhaps there is a small plastic box over most of the valve and the HR92 pokes out.

The concept of their (DiscreteHeat’s) system appeals. It is neat and leaves wall space free etc. Their electric version looks OK for my conservatory which is currently heated by a radiator off my current central heating system and it struggles when it is cold!
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

There was a thread about these some time back, but I don't recall the brand. I seem to remember it all worked out nicely. Have a search and shout if you can't find it.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Found it. Thanks. 2016. Will see if the correspondents took it further. At that time DiscreteHeat was in its infancy. Rejected by Dragons' Den the designer still went ahead and it was successful from day one. The story goes that one of the Dragons' Den people who rejected the application contacted them later offering to invest having seen the success but was rejected. It seems a good neat system. If I go this route I am quite sure it can be adapted to take an HR92 but I may need a plumber to do that. There is a limit to what I can do! The electric one would not be an issue to install.

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

There's another thread somewhere - someone actually did it.

Found it. Here.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
          There's another thread somewhere - someone actually did it.

Found it. Here.
          Thanks Paul. Very helpful. It seems my thoughts on how it can be achieved are correct and I would need an "an inline compatible TRV body on the flow pipe" for each HR92 which I am certain can be done discretely in a corner out of site and I then use an Evohome room stat (the round one probably) as the sensor. I will need to double check the output needed but not a big problem.

Food for thought.

Comment

• dcreager
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2014

Yes it all works nicely with Evohome....Who is installing the thermaskirt? I can provide some top tips if the installer is NOT experienced with thermaskirt.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by dcreager View Post
              Yes it all works nicely with Evohome....Who is installing the thermaskirt? I can provide some top tips if the installer is NOT experienced with thermaskirt.
              Pleased it works. The installer will be me for the electric version if I go that way for my conservatory and for the water based system I probably will seek the assistance of a plumber. I have had a look at the videos in DiscreteHeat’s website but any tips will always be appreciated. The decision to proceed has not yet been made. It is dependent on other things happening.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X