• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikey8156
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2011

1 radiator left on

In the winter I wish to leave 1 radiator on for my cat when we are away. How is the best way to do that using Evohome?
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Do cats need the heat left on? I'd use the custom menu, set the zone the cat will be in to the desired temperature and all others to off or whatever lower temperature you want.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Not technically the right way to do it, but if you don't want to use up your custom schedule (if you use it for something else) and just want one zone to run at a constant temperature (say 16 degrees) while the rest of the system is off, you could simply turn the HR92 in that zone up to the desired temperature a few minutes (at least 5) after the control panel has been set to "off".

Due to a quirk in the way the evotouch controller works (some would say a bug or oversight) HR92's can still call for heat in "off" mode if you manually turn them back up again by using the knob on the top. The controller will continue to report "off" for the set point of all zones but will still indicate the correct measured room temperatures and fire the boiler.
      Last edited by DBMandrake; 27 August 2016, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• MichaelD
        Automated Home Guru
        • Mar 2006

Can you get the cat to turn the temperature up using the manual control if it gets a bit chilly?

If not, then just turn all the other zones down to 5 degrees, and leave the one for the cat on its usual schedule

Comment

Working...
        X