• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morpheus
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2016

No outside temperature displayed ...

Hi there, I just got a mail from Honeywell mentioning the phantom derogation issue I reported in April 2016 is solved, and I see I got latest FW version :
    update WiFi 02.00.17.00 and Application 02.00.17.03

... but it looks like in that version I am supposed to see the outside temperature on the main display, but I don't.
    The App, though, shows the outside temp based on my location.
    Any idea ?
  • edhodges1984
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2018

If you call customer services, let them know about the firmware they will push an update.
    I had some ghost zones on the app, called Honeywell, told them about that and the firmware they fixed both in less than 24hrs.
    Make sure you have your MAC address and CRC available.

Comment

• Stevedh
      Automated Home Guru
      • Mar 2017

I have that firmware and see the outside temperature, odd, especially as your app shows it ok. Does your FW show the demand indicators ok?

Comment

• a62vw
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2012

The outside temperature will only display when the evo is registered to an account with a valid postcode, and is currently connection to the internet. When the internet connection drops, the outside temperature will disappear, and only re-appear when the internet connection is restored.
        Hope that helps.
        I work for Resideo. However, any views expressed are mine and not those my employer.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Stevedh View Post
          I have that firmware and see the outside temperature, odd, especially as your app shows it ok. Does your FW show the demand indicators ok?
          The Evohome app has shown outside temperature for a lot longer than it has been shown on the Evohome controller.

By the way one of the Honeywell guys confirmed that the iPhone/Android app and the controller don't even use the same weather service! Hence why they don't always agree about the temperature...

Comment

• morpheus
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Apr 2016

mmm my personal data seems correct with postcode 1070 for Brussels (Belgium) :

Capture.jpg

Comment

• mylesm
              Automated Home Guru
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
              mmm my personal data seems correct with postcode 1070 for Brussels (Belgium) :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1302[/ATTACH]
              I also have no Outside Temp displayed on my Controller Display I have Firmware with Electric Zone control My app shows weather info for my location but no display on controller I posted about this when the firmware was pushed way back but got no response

Comment

• Stevedh
                Automated Home Guru
                • Mar 2017

Odd, it might be worth giving them an email. As mentioned before the controller uses a different weather service, maybe it has a problem with your location,

Comment

Working...
                X