• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jabes
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

Radiators on hot water circuit

All my bathroom and toilet radiators (5) are on the hot water circuit. Is it possible to configure the evohome so that it 'calls for heat' on the hot water circuit (which will have the hot water kit on it) to get them to temperature or is it better to leave them on standard TRVs as they are now?

[Edit]: Looks like they are on both circuits (I had noticed they heated up when the hot water was on, but not put it together with the heating!). So sounds like I just treat them as a normal multi-room zone.
    Last edited by Jabes; 27 March 2018, 12:43 PM.
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

If they are heating up on both HW and CH, it means that they are on the main heating loop before any zone valves. Before you go about putting TRVs on them, just check that they are not also playing the role of a bypass radiator.

Comment

• Jabes
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
      If they are heating up on both HW and CH, it means that they are on the main heating loop before any zone valves. Before you go about putting TRVs on them, just check that they are not also playing the role of a bypass radiator.
      Thanks Bruce - these radiators already have TRVs on them. I'll probably just leave these ones as they are to be honest...

Comment

Working...
      X