• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesT
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2004

xAP Switchboard goes Google!

xAP Switchboard Beta 3 released
    In earlier betas maps to locate callers used either the Ordinance Survey website or the Street map one depending on the available location information. Now, thanks to the new Google maps api, you get the map fully integrated into Switchboard. You can zoom in or out, pan around and even switch to a satellite view. This works with all location type, whether they be post code or lat long. Click http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=...article&sid=80 for a screen shot to show it in use.
    Download from the application section on http://www.mi4.biz as usual, both a full install msi and an upgrade zip are available.
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Re: xAP Switchboard goes Google!

Thanks for the update James.

Any issues installing over the top of my previous version?

Presume there are some bug fixes in this release too, did you remember about the Delete Call buttons only appearing on page1?

Feature requests...

1. is it possible to have certain numbers excluded from the database automatically. For example, when using phone banking you quite often have to type in account numbers and even PINs, and these are than all in clear site in Switchboard.

2. would love to see when someone os ringing our house while I'm in the office. Would be perfect if this could be done via MSN, popping up a little message on my remote machine with the name of the caller, date/time etc.

Still loving your app. Use it every day!

Thanks

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• JamesT
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2004

Hi,

As far as updates go, just download the update zip, close Switchboard, replace the exe and restart Switchboard. On startup Switchboard will upgrade files and the database as needed.

1. is it possible to have certain numbers excluded from the database automatically.

Yes i'm aware of this issue, just trying to think of a good way around it. Probably what i'll do is if a number is matched with a contact then any extra numbers will get dropped.

2. would love to see when someone os ringing our house while I'm in the office.

Not sure about MSM but you can certainly do this with xAP Desktop. Desktop has a remote mode where is can connect into your houses xAP network and when set upi like this will work exactly like it would if running at home. I'll type up a little howto on this and let you know when it's uploaded, but it's simple to do. The install of Desktop at the office is totally normal, it's just the server component (xServer) that has a little learning curve and will require a portforward setup on your router. The xServer has in built security that controls what can be sent/received so it's all pretty secure.

Kevin, just reminded me about that delete options disappearing on page2 and sorry, I totally forgot about that one but i'm fixing it as i type this!

HTH
      James

Comment

• Otto-Mate
        Founder
        • Jan 2004

Thanks James

M.

www.twitter.com/ottomate

Comment

• JamesT
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Mar 2004

Mark,

The guide for using Desktop in remote mode, ie what's need to get you home phone popups from work, is now available here: http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=...howpage&pid=52

Also, Switchboard beta4 has just been released that fixes amongst other things the missing delete buttons on the log pages.

James

Comment

• Otto-Mate
            Founder
            • Jan 2004

Thanks James, I'll grab it and give it a try.

M.

www.twitter.com/ottomate

Comment

• Otto-Mate
              Founder
              • Jan 2004

James

Just to let you know I upgraded to Beta4 last night and everything went fine

Feature Request - could we have the Day on screen? I'm quite often trying to work out what day a certain date is. So would be nice to see..

Saturday 27 August 05 etc.

Thanks

M.

www.twitter.com/ottomate

Comment

Working...
              X