• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Securitybyte
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2016

Incorrect heat demands

Hi

One of my zones has been calling for 100% heat this morning, despite the room temperature being well below set point. I set all zones to Off over 30 minutes ago but the radiator is still on, with the controller showing 100% heat demand - from this one zone only.

I had the opposite a couple of nights ago. The heating was on and the controller was showing 100% demand from multiple zones, but after nearly an hour, the BDR91 had still not lit up. Eventually I pressed the button (on the BDR91) and it came to life and appeared to behave since.

Nothing has changed on the system - it's been working fairly well for a couple of years. I've checked the lock-catch is closed on the HR92. I'll run the signal tests later but I just wondered if anyone else has seen anything similar?

The only thing that comes to mind is that I did install a Philips Hue bridge and bulbs last week - not sure whether that's a coincidence or if there could be any interference....

Thanks
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Firstly I am not so sure you have written what you intended. You have said 100% heat is being called for with the zone below set point. Did you mean “above set point”? I think you must have. Secondly Philips Hue does not interfere with Evohome. I have been running Hue for a long time now and never had any issues. This sounds like a faulty HR91.

Comment

• jvallis
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2018

I think you need to rebind the BDR91, check spacing to boiler and other devices (ie 30cm apart), and for sanity's sake rebind the HR92 on the troublesome radiator.

And Phillips Hue uses Zigbee, which is normally 2.4GHz, but the Zigbee spec was recently changed to allow 868MHz as well, though I doubt Hue devices do.

Comment

• Securitybyte
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2016

Thanks all

Yes, I meant well above setpoint

I'll switch over the HR92 and monitor it, and look at the rebind.

Comment

Working...
        X