• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonS
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2007

Recovery from database backup

I have been changing my installation after a long fallow period. However there were some issues with the logic so I decided to revert to a back-up database. Unfortunately although the back-up database loaded, on starting the lights didn't work, nor did the buttons on the DFP panels and the panel display only showed time, none of the other information, despite the set-up of buttons and display looking good. I then reverted to an offline copy of the main database file, which displayed exactly the same problems.
    In the end using the main database copy I removed the assignment to button 8 (light-toggle) and added it again thinking repeating this on all panels would be the quickest way to get the lights on and family happy. Strangely this seemed the kickstart Cortex to turn the lights on in all the house as normal (on presence & light level).
    Is there a special sequence for reverting to a backup?
    Thanks
    Jon
    JonS
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Shouldn't be, but wonder if some Cortex version update since that database has caused this. If it happens again then suggest you shut down (without saving) and then relaunch Cortex. When it relaunches it will be using the most recently loaded database (even though you didn't do a save before shut down). This might sort out any anomalies in a different way than during loading into an already launched Cortex.

Comment

• JonS
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2007

I created the backup I tried to use the same day before making changes, same cortex version. I tried a cortex restart and a reboot.
      ?? Will experiment when I have more time.
      Jon
      JonS

Comment

• Gumby
        • May 2004

As an aside, I use TortoiseHG to version control my Cortex directory. Makes it easy to see what has changed in each release (and probably would allow a painless roll-back if properly tagged) but the main reason is to log every database change with what I did. Using TortoiseHG makes it pretty easy to push the changes across to a backup server, and would probably work well for keeping a standby machine in sync.
        ----------------------
        www.gumbrell.com

Comment

Working...
        X