• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solexious
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jul 2007

HA software recomndations please

Hello,

I'm planning the automation of my flat. I'm focusing at the moment on the server softwear of the flat. I'm running a windows box that deals with dvd distro jukebox
    and downloads etc and this would deal with the HA soft as well. because o this my requirements for it would be that it can interact with programs on its comuter, use pda's or smart phones, be able to acsess from web *optional* and I will be using mostly x10 but the choice to use other systems as well would be a big loss.

I'm currently trialing housebot, what are your recommendations for both housebot and other software I could use?

Thank you in advance

solexious
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Have a look at Homeseer www.homeseer.com. When this is coupled with the Main Lobby plugin it gives you one slick interface. Main lobby at www.cinemaronline.com They also do a DVD jukebox front end called DVD lobby I think.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Otto-Mate
      Founder
      • Jan 2004

Have a look here...

M.
      Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
      www.twitter.com/ottomate
      www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• solexious
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jul 2007

Thank you,

I will check those links tonight wneh I get to a pc.

Just to add, in using media center boxes around the flat running my movies and also I am in the uk, so it will have to support uk devices

solexious

Comment

• wywywywy
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Dec 2005

Hi,

I would highly recommend xPL.

Very reliable & configurable, plus its free & actively being developed!

The downside is that the documentation isn't very good. They provide a lot of info but never the bit you are looking for. They do however have a forum with a lot of helpful users.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

EDIT: UK developers, and with a plug-in for Media Centre too

Comment

• solexious
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Jul 2007

Hello,

Thank you for the links all, and the product code of the uk version of the x10 controller is some thing ive been looking for!

Im loving the open source idea, big open source fan, taking a propper look at it now

Thank you

solexious

Comment

Working...
            X