• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrisnoy
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2017

Air Source Heat Pump install

We have just got rid of our old oil boiler and replaced it with a Panasonic ASHP.
    There is a buffer tank fo the heating which comprises Honeywell UFH HCCR80 and three radiators all with Honeywell actuactors. The radiators are fed via a pump which is controlled by a BDR acting as a boiler relay. The UHF has its own pump which comes on when any UHF requires heat. The problem is that when the UFH requires heat and the radiators do not, both pumps switch on. I am guessing this is because the Evohome controller sends a request for heat for an UFH zone and this switches the pump on on the radiator circuit. Is there anyway to tell the Evohome not to request the boiler for an UHF zone heat request? or is there any other way to prevent both pumps from working for just UFH requests?
    Cheers
  • Chrisnoy
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2017

no one can help

Comment

• mtmcgavock
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2017

You probably need to remove it from the system as a boiler relay and rebound it as a heating relay instead. I'm not sure how this works with the HCCR80, as in whether it brings the heating relay on when theres a demand.

I take it you have some other form of controller controlling the heat pump and buffer tank?

Comment

• Chrisnoy
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2017

Hi, thanks for replying. This is the bdr that presently controls the pump that feeds the radiators? I am not sure how to bind that as a heat relay? I think i only have two options, boiler relay or open therm?
        The Panasonic controls the heat into the buffer tank and hot water tank so the Evohome doesnt control any heat parameters as such.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Chrisnoy View Post
          Hi, thanks for replying. This is the bdr that presently controls the pump that feeds the radiators? I am not sure how to bind that as a heat relay? I think i only have two options, boiler relay or open therm?
          The Panasonic controls the heat into the buffer tank and hot water tank so the Evohome doesnt control any heat parameters as such.
          You'd need to add the HW control to give you this option. On set up it'll ask you to pair the BDR91s as HW and Heat relays rather than just a boiler relay. Are you just pumping straight out the buffer tank? (Are there any valves)

Comment

• Chrisnoy
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2017

Hi, OK ill try that. There are no valves in the radiator circuit except on each radiator. There is a valve in the UFH circuit next to the UFH pump and this is currently locked open from the time when we had oil boiler.

Comment

Working...
            X