• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bats
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2009

Q-Bus

Hi all I'm new and needing a little help....

We are in the process of having a new house built and had Clipsal C-Bus specified for lighting control by one potential elec contractor and a system called Q-Bus by another....???

Can anyone explain the difference between the two systems.....any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks,

Bats
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Q-bus comes from a Belgian company. This website might help, but not all of it is in English. http://www.qbus.be/English/English.asp
    If I had to choose between the two I would go for C-Bus mainly because I have heard of C-Bus before and it has a track record. Q-Bus on the other hand is possibly newer, and not as well known. Which then gets me thinking about support for the system once it is installed, or you need to expand the system next year.
    The problem with choosing a home automation system is making sure you get one that is still going to be here in 5 years time. Its a bit like the VHS and Betamax wars for home video, but with considerably more competing systems.
    You may also want to have a look at Idratek, there is a forum on here dedicated to it. I'm amazed at what the system can do.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X