• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billywizzo
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2020

DT92E or DTS92E

Looking for thermostats for other rooms in my house to connect to my evohome system.
    I currently just have the main controller and HR92's on each radiator.

I do not need another BDR91 relay box, I have a combi boiler with only radiators, so wondered if I need to get DT92E's or should I just go for DTS92E's.
    I dont want to wall mount it so that rules out the T87RF as it does not have a stand I believe and should be wall mounted.

Does anyone have any other thermostats they recommend to connect to the evohome wireless controller.

Bill
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

If you know someone (think eBay) who needs a BDR91, then buying the set often works out cheaper.

Comment

• Billywizzo
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2020

Just curious if there is any difference between them apart from the DT92E coming with the relay.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

My DT92E relay set came with the DTS92E Thermostat inside it.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Billywizzo View Post
          Just curious if there is any difference between them apart from the DT92E coming with the relay.
          Nope, no difference.

I've used both types - usually the one with just the thermostat but in one case I bought the pack which includes the relay as I wanted another relay to add a boiler relay and it was cheaper than buying the thermostat and relay separately. The thermostats are identical.

Just keep in mind that when you buy a thermostat and relay pack they are pre-bound to each other so if you're not using them in this fashion (which you won't be with an Evohome system as you never bind a zone thermostat directly to a relay with Evohome) you should clear the bindings on both devices before use.
          Last edited by DBMandrake; 14 January 2021, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Billywizzo
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2020

Cheers, bought a DST92E and will see how it goes before buying more for the other rooms

Comment

Working...
            X