• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toastie
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2020

ATF300 Wanted

Would anybody know where I can get hold of an ATF300 wall mounted psu for the non-WiFi evohome controller. I’m told that the newer ATF 600 aren’t compatible with the non-WiFi controller.
    Cheers
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

I'm pretty sure I have one (unused) in my garage. Dpn't suppose you are local to Sussex?

Comment

• Toastie
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2020

Thanks for your response, I’m not unfortunately but if your willing to post it I can pay you via PayPal if you want DM me?

Comment

• Toastie
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2020

Is it even possible to DM in this forum?, I apologise, I’m new to it! 😕

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

Sorry, just had a quick look in the garage and it isn't where I thought it was. I may have already given it to someone else, but can't remember.

I'll have a more thorough hunt at the weekend, but not hopeful.

Comment

• Toastie
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2020

Ok I appreciate that. Cheers

Comment

• Toastie
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Jan 2020

I did see this but the shipping costs were as much as the item on its own, that’s why I thought I’d ask on this forum first in the hopes that someone might have a redundant one lying around that they would sell for a reasonable price

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

how handy are you? This is what I had done when I had the V2. The PSU inside the base is exactly the same as included in the wall mount (unlike the V3). Open up the base and just cut out the back of the table stand and screw it into the wall. Once the controller is on it, no one can see any untidy work. It works quite well. Either that, or scout ebay for an old table stand for the V2 controllers. They do turn up from time to time.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

You know I thought I had one in my garage? Well, just checked my emails and I flogged it on Amazon four years ago. I’d completely forgotten that. Sorry.

(I wonder whether the person who bought it is here?)

Comment

• Toastie
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Jan 2020

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                    how handy are you? This is what I had done when I had the V2. The PSU inside the base is exactly the same as included in the wall mount (unlike the V3). Open up the base and just cut out the back of the table stand and screw it into the wall. Once the controller is on it, no one can see any untidy work. It works quite well. Either that, or scout ebay for an old table stand for the V2 controllers. They do turn up from time to time.
                    That’s my backup option😕, I’ve already taken one apart but I can’t find a suitable plastic enclosure to fit it in inside a single back box

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2014

Just use a plastic back box instead?

Comment

• Toastie
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Jan 2020

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                        Just use a plastic back box instead?
                        I’ve just had the wall plastered & painted after installing a 35mm deep metal clad back box in the wall in the thinking that they would be easily available at the right cost, my backup-backup option is to mount the circuit board in a plastic enclosure on the top of the kitchen cupboard on the back side of the wall it needs mounting on & extend the mains & low voltage wires to & from it

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

I have done something similar right now. My PSU is sitting quite far from the wall mount in a weather proof enclosure. This has avoided the need to have a back box, so the wall mount is screwed into...the wall. I then took it one step further and now use the same PSU to power both the controller and the CS92A (via a 3V regulator).

Comment

Working...
                          X