X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Hi All

Firstly we sincerely hope you are all staying safe. Unprecedented times.

As we posted a few months back we were working on an important update to the Evohome firmware which continues to grow the capability of the product and helps future generations of users. We have conducted our internal testing along with the security and other things we do. Key highlights are
    • Warm weather saver
    • Cold weather boost
    • Dynamic room scaling (for professionals)

Now we know you lot love to fiddle and play which is fine, it’s kind of what we want. But PLEASE don’t do anything which will bring your heating offline or something to reduce your comfort. If you are NOT confident and not familiar with the system, then we highly advise you do not engage in this live beta, which is exclusive to this forum.

Normal customer support will not be available for the functions listed here. Instead if you need support then we ask you post it in THIS thread so we can monitor and reach out accordingly.

To apply for the live beta – please visit this website https://getconnected.honeywellhome.c...ohomebetatrial and accept the terms and conditions. Any data monitoring we do is to help improve the performance and is held within our secure systems, as per normal. You have the right to opt out beta at any time. We apologise to our international customers, but the sign up form is in English only, however the beta firmware will work with any local language supported by Evohome.

This trial is open to end users, installer professionals or any of our Smart Home partners, but we are only mainly communicating this via the Automated Home forum, where we see biggest following and interested users.

After applying for the beta – you will receive a notification from our customer care team stating you have been successful (whilst we are going to try and accommodate everyone, we have to onboard over time). The email will have additional information and insights which will be able to tell you more about the functions and help provide you with a basis to then give feedback if asked. Please give us some reasonable time to respond.

In these challenging times, we really appreciate your ongoing support. We always aimed to make a home heating system that worked well, saved money, easy for a wide range or people to use, but offered more depth should people want – and most importantly lasted.
    You are now part of that improvement process. We read the threads offering improvement suggestions and we honestly do evaluate everything, along with all the other input we get across the globe.

Support for this beta trail will come from ‘AndytheMinion’. Rameses is not lurking too much in these forums, but we still want to inform and help where we can.

Good luck, stay safe and thank you helping us continue to deliver what we still feel is the best heating system.

The Evohome team

PS Future FW updates are coming later this year. Heat pump support, Cooling, Heat/Cool change over (for professionals) will be a key feature, we hope to run a similar trial later in the year.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own
  • garymtitley
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Feb 2019

Signed up for this and my evohome has been updated with the exception of the adaptive load scaling.Dont know if I'll get that function.Looks very good and will See what difference it makes.

Comment

• dcreager
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2014

Me too....that was quick.....

Comment

• garymtitley
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Feb 2019

It certainly was,didn’t expect it to be that quick.Hope I can get the scaling feature as it looks to keep the boiler working on a linear curve instead of up and down.We will see.

Comment

• Meh
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Mar 2020

Nothing here. Maybe because I haven’t added all the zones yet may not have accepted the beta

Comment

• dcreager
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by garymtitley View Post
            It certainly was,didn’t expect it to be that quick.Hope I can get the scaling feature as it looks to keep the boiler working on a linear curve instead of up and down.We will see.
            I can't see that either. Guess it may come later

Comment

• frankmalia
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Apr 2019

Applied, hopefully get it...

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                Automated Home Legend
                • Mar 2017

Just applied, hope i'll get it as i'm an installer.

Comment

• gordonb3
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Dec 2016

Any chance on firmware updates for the non-wifi versions? i.e. would the USB port on the controller allow flashing from a computer?

Comment

• paulockenden
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Apr 2015

I applied earlier but nothing here yet.

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Nov 2017

Sorry Gordonb3 but the pre-wifi versions cannot be upgraded. Your gateway will still receive security updates as and when needed but the Evo was completly resigned when the wifi was added and there are only parts of the UI in common with the older versions now.
                      Last edited by Andy the Minion; 1 April 2020, 08:06 PM.
                      Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Nov 2017

Dear All, The Load scaling feature can be found in the Installer section, system parameters and everybody with a boiler bound to an ON/OFF (BDR91) boiler relay will have it.
                        I would recommend enabling the ‘full’ mode unless you have an extremely well insulated property.
                        Load scaling is a self-learning algorithm and it will take a number of heat-up cycles (maybe a week but it depends on the system and usage) to get the hang of each room. It will then continue to refine itself in parallel with the existing adaptive fuzzy logic that is already in Evo controling the steady state temperatures.
                        As a secondary result of learning the zone size (scale) we have seen an improvement in the temperature overshoots in both oversized radiators and very slow responding sensor locations.
                        The feature was designed to improve the operating efficiency of ON/OFF boilers by running them for longer at low load and reducing the return temperatures. Unfortunately, if you have an OpenTherm boiler the feature won’t appear in the user inerface.
                        We did consider applying it to modulating systems as even these can try to heat rooms up faster than is desirable, but there is also a real danger that scaling an already modulated heat demand will cause serious temperature undershoots. Proving this won’t ever happen in the field is quite a challenge, it has taken the best part of a year of testing to prove that ON/OFF load scaling works in real systems… but I bet there will be some weird systems out there where it never settles, which is why there is a friendly OFF button
                        I don’t know if you have received the conformation email yet but there is a description of the new features in it?
                        Regards
                        AtM
                        Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• garymtitley
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Feb 2019

I have opentherm,so that explains why I don't have it on the controller.

Comment

• gordonb3
                            Automated Home Ninja
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
                            Sorry Gordonb3 but the pre-wifi versions cannot be upgraded. Your gareway will still receive security updates as and when needed but the Evo was completly resigned when the wifi was added and there are only parts of the UI in common with the older versions now.
                            Shame. Especially because I purposely went for the non-wifi version on account that the wifi signal in my home is prone to distortion on the exact spot where the original central thermostat was and thus where I also placed the controller. The fact that the RFG100 is wired makes the system as a whole more reliable and as such I think it is a mistake to view non-wifi as old and obsolete.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jul 2014

Is zone level optimisation coming back? Or is that still an All or Nothing?

Comment

Working...
                              X