Thread: Hot water coming on No heating coming on!

Automated Home Lurker

Default Hot water coming on No heating coming on!

Hi
    I've just joined. This looks like a great site. I hope somebody can help me.

I have just noticed that my hot water is coming on correctly but the heating is not coming on. The boiler fires up when the controller tells it to heat the water but the controller lights up to start up the boiler for the heating but nothing happens. The thermostat has been turned right up and does click when passing ambient temp.

My controller is a Lifestyle LP522. I just wondered if anybody knows how reliable they are and is it possible for one circuit to fire up but not the other. The controller is at least 8 years old. No other work has been done to our heating/hot water system.

Thanks for any help you can give. I understand you can't faultfind through the internet.

Default Re: Hot water coming on No heating coming on!

is it a combi system?

if so, do you know what make?

if not ,can you locate any zone or diverter valves

Automated Home Lurker

Sorted!

It was apparently the wall thermostat. Although it was clicking going past the ambient temperature, it was not making the connection. Controller switching + thermostat not switching = no heating.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi.
    I just found this forum (via google) as I'm having exactly the same problem. Which considering it's now late October isn't so great.

My system sounds similar (LP552 controller, Honeywell t6360b thermostat, conventional boiler) and there's also no heating (except when I turn on the hot water).

Like your system the thermostat clicks when it passes the ambient temperature but the message doesn't seem to make it to the programmer. However I opened the thermostat and checked the power lines - the click when turning the dial does seem to change where the power goes. Does this still sound like the same problem?

I'm curious to know how it was fixed - was it simply a case of replacing the thermostat? And is that a fairly easy task?

Thanks for any advice, RobC.