Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie home networking questions

Automated Home Jr Member

abitana uses it's own active componets and by the design of the abitana cabinet you can not use 3rd party stuff in the future. So you are stucked with abitana for your phone-, TV-, audio-, Internet-active components.

If you are doing your house new you should do at least 2 sockets in all primary rooms (living, study, master bedroom, etc.) otherwise you will have the socket on the wrong side of the room in 10 years (Your wife will tell you so in 10 years)

Look at flexibilty, more sockets is better no matter what system you use

Automated Home Lurker

thanks.

also looking at just a big old media server/distributer like "living control" or other.

anyone know of the best way to wire for this - or what these guys are like?

Quote Originally Posted by pocky View Post
    abitana uses it's own active componets and by the design of the abitana cabinet you can not use 3rd party stuff in the future. So you are stucked with abitana for your phone-, TV-, audio-, Internet-active components.
    Not quite true you can get a special shelf that fits into the cabinet so you can use your own router etc.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by toscal View Post
    Not quite true you can get a special shelf that fits into the cabinet so you can use your own router etc.
    And your own TV, phone, audio distributor? Didn't see that in the abitana catalogue

Automated Home Lurker

If anybody is interested I have about 80m of Abitana cable spare after my installation. If anybody wants to make me an offer I can organise to post it.