Thread: Rayburn Nouvelle wiring???

Automated Home Lurker

Default Rayburn Nouvelle wiring???

Hi all,

first post and a question regarding the wiring on a Rayburn Nouvelle/368 oil fired stove,/central heating boiler. I have bought the stove second hand and now need to wire in the boiler to the central heating control. There are 2 flexes from the control unit on the rayburn, a 4 core flex and a 2 core flex. The 4 core iscoloured colded and sleeved to match the wire tails from the timer so no problem connecting them up. My worry is the 2 core flx also coming from the rayburn (blue-brown). Does this connect to the mains to power the system, or is this the output to the central heating pump? I have done a continuity test and the blue from the 2 core appears to be continuous with th brown and black on the 4 core, while the brown on the 2 core appears continuous with the blue on the 4 core!

Anyone know what goes where. My friendly electrician is not answering his phone today!

Many thanks

Mark

Default Re: Rayburn Nouvelle wiring???

I'd take the wires out and start again,

does it not say on the connection plate what wire goes where,

the two core could be a stat, pump over run ,

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Sunbeam

thanks for reply. I rang a mate who has the same stove and am one step closer to sorting it. I have removed the side panel from the stove and found all the connections labelled inside. From what I gather every application is wired differently so like you suggest I will probably take it out and start again using one of the generic wiring schemes to suit my set up. I assumed the wires present were as it came from the factory! Showing my ignorance i'm afraid.

Cheers

Mark