• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bandits007
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2006

has anyone heard of Greyfox?

Just moved into a new house. There is a box that says greyfox on it and has a bunch of smaller devices inside it. One is for cable tv throughout the house and the other has telephone modules but has ethernet cables plugged into it.

My main question is.....is anyone familiar with greyfox? :roll: :lol:
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: has anyone heard of Greyfox?

Greyfox is made by Legrand and is their take on the structured wiring market for the home. More info here www.onqlegrand.com/jahia/Jahia/lang/en/pid/906
    Though it looks like it uses more than one type of cable.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• vex
      Automated Home Guru
      • Feb 2005

Re: has anyone heard of Greyfox?

Interesting !

I didn't think they were using the Greyfox name here in the uk, would be very interested in the developer and site name if you don't mind sharing it.

The Greyfox box is an interesting little network box that is a little different from the usual as it does not use patch presentation panels for the outgoing connections arround the house.

Instead the incoming lines are terminated as a plugs (either F or RJ45) and plugged into the desired module to get the required signal to the faceplate.

I hope that makes sense and in short, using RJ45's as for telephone is fine.

Chris
      www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
      NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

Working...
      X