Thread: no hot water from downstairs tap, Please help!!!

Automated Home Lurker

Default no hot water from downstairs tap, Please help!!!

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help. I have a worcester 240 ch it's quite old but seems to be ok apart from the fact that my downstairs hot water tap has stopped working It only trickles water, but upstairs bathroom is ok Having to resort to boiling kettles to do dishes. The pipes did moan for a while but its all silent know, guess I should have gave her some attention when she moaned!!

Anyone any ideas what the problem is, so i have an idea of what to expect when i get a plumber, terrible fear of plumbers after watching to many episodes of rogue traders!! Please help!!

thanks

Default Re: no hot water from downstairs tap, Please help!!!

could just be the washer in the tap,

the easiest way is to get a "reviver kit" from the merchants turn the water off and replace the tap innards.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi, thanks for that, I never even considered it could be a washer, I just assumed it was something to do with pressure but I'll give it a go. thanks very much for taking the time to reply it's much appreciated.

I'll let you know how I get on.

thanks again

Hey There,

It could have an airlock. I had the exact same problem with my system in our kitchen (all other taps worked fine).

Take a look at this: http://www.diyfixit.co.uk/nflash/Plu...ck/airlock.htm

it won't be an air lock on a combi system,

if you have a cylinder then sometimes the hot water can get air locked if you've drained the hot water down,

if thats the case the easiest way to get rid, is to connect a piece of hose pipe between the hot and cold taps and turn on for a few seconds.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Marc, thanks for the suggestion but I think sunbeam is probably right. Had a look at that tip but I don't think it's for me but thanks for trying to help it was nice of you.

Hi Sunbeam,

Well I don't know what a cylinder is but I know we have never had anything drained down so your probably right about the washer. Hubby hasn't even tried yet, says he wouldn't know where to start. Won't let me have a go in case I muck it up so we will have to wait a few weeks til we can afford to get a plumber in. Just as well I have a good kettle, he he

thank you again.