Thread: High pressure- Potterton Puma 80

Automated Home Lurker

Default High pressure- Potterton Puma 80

I have Potterton Puma 80 installed in my house and it was working fine for more than one year or so. Recently, my circuit breaker went off and after switching it back I am seeing red light against "Low system Pressure". Pressure gauge has two needles, one is Red(bigger size) and other one is black (smaller size). Both of these needles were on 3 bar. I tried to drain the radiator and managed to get the black needle back on 1 bar.However Red needle is still on 3 bar and system in showing red light against "Low system Pressure". I have tried searching the web but could not find a way to depressuarize the system.Any pointer on what to do in this situation will be highly appreciated

Automated Home Lurker

Default Re: High pressure- Potterton Puma 80

Found out the meanings of red and black needle. And have drained water from radiator. The needle is back to 1 bar, however I am still seeing Low system pressure light on.

I think it is problem with DHW flow switch. I am trying to figure out which one is the DHW flow switch. Any pointers on how to find DHW switch in Potterton Puma 80 ? How should I clean it ?

Default Re: High pressure- Potterton Puma 80

the pressure gauge could be giving a false reading