Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What no Z-Wave?

Automated Home Jr Member Wolfthing's Avatar

Default What no Z-Wave?

Okay I'm convinced. Z-Wave is definitely the future and is a natural evolutionary step from the sometimes unpredictable X10. I haven't heard a bad word about Z-Wave.

However, does anyone know where you can buy the UK variants?

I've spoken with one supplier and they're being asked to buy an impossibly large stock of the stuff.

And Autom8it.com have not yet announced they have a stock, and I suspect that they're waiting to get enough pre-orders to justify buying any stock at all!

So where is it!???

Default Re: What no Z-Wave?

I believe www.letsautomate.com are about to stock Z-Wave after a few posts on the mailing list this week.

M.

I've spoken with them and they're having difficulties getting them in. Looks like they're being asked to make an enormous purchase. I don't think it's they're fault but their supplier/distributor.

They've got the remotes in but no modules.

I'm sure I'm just one of several people waiting to spend loads of money on the stuff - I really don't want to go down the X10 route!

It's the old story it seems, needs a brave company in the UK to submit a large order.

I have a couple of Z-Wave modules that Jim Brett sent me and they do seem like good stuff.

Hopefully it's only a matter of time until someone takes them on.

M.

Well if there are any suppliers out there, or anybody who knows of any suppliers who have Z-Wave stock, a post here would be greatly appreciated!

Automated Home is a Media Partner for the up-coming "Connected Home Forum".

They have just launched the event website and I notice Z-Wave/Zensys are listed at the bottom as exhibitors/sponsors...

http://www.osneymedia.co.uk/tracker/...magazineid=681

Also listed is "Chris Johnson, VP, European Business Development, Zensys" as one of the speakers. Hopefully this is an indication of their interest in the UK market.

M.

Automated Home Jr Member

www.automatedoutlet.com in USA has some UK Zwave.

Email Martin for help.

Excellent, they're listening!

I sent Martin @ Automated Outlet an e-mail and he confirms they have some stock with more arriving within a couple of weeks.

Despite never hearing of Automated Outlet before, I placed the order this morning for two Lamp modules and a Remote Control (is there a difference between a US remote and a UK remote?)

Okay, I'm ever so slightly suspicious of a company outside of the UK, selling UK modules - it's unheard of. If this is a valid, reliable source, then it may solve some immediate problems.

When I receive the order, I'll either post a review in this forum or might do something a little more comprehensive - on both the Z-Wave stuff and the company Automated Outlet.

Automated Home Lurker

Am I being stupid or is the VP from Zensys saying the reason for lack UK modules is due to there not being a UK based manufacturer :?
    Most of that sort of kit is way too expensive to produce anywhere other than China or similar. Also if no one has come forward to build UK modules then who made the units I bought from LA?

Keyvan