• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bubble9
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2006

No heating downstairs.

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a problem with an old heating system. The downstairs radiators are stone cold but upstairs and hot water is fine.
    I have a seperate boiler and hot water tank. I recently switched the heating on but this problem came up. I can't hear the pump working but I dont think it is that as it is about the only thing that has been replaced. There are 2 motorised valves on 2 seperate pipes. Could one of these be the problem ( Heating upstairs and downstairs?) Also there are 2 room thermostats, one in the hall upstairs and one downstairs, could the downstairs one be faulty.
    I am just guessing but any help would be apreciated before I have to spend loads calling out someone if its just something simple I could do.
    Thanks.
  • sunbeam
    • Feb 2006

Re: No heating downstairs.

turn both stats up,

see if you can manualy open the two valves(slider on the side)

but i'd guess it's the pump.

Comment

• Bubble9
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2006

Hi, yeah thanks I have just tried that and I have found that one of the sliders on the side of the valves is loose (just flopping side to side without doing anything) could it be that you reckon. Maybe its jammed shut. I would have a go at replacing that (I replaced the pump last year)

Comment

• sunbeam
        • Feb 2006

usualy if the slider is flopping about it means that it's open so i would say that one is working,

try and slide the other one open.

Comment

Working...
        X