• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lloydwood
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2006

X10 newbie lighting circuit question

This is probably a really stupid question but I can't seem to find the answer to it.

I want to install an X10 system in my new house. I have had the electrics redone and want to have RF control of both the lighting ciruit and the main (appliance) circuit.

I can just use a TMU13 to get an X10 signal into the appliance circuit so that's fine. My question is; how do I get an X10 signal onto the lighting circuit without overloading the circuit?

Do I need a TMU13 on the lighting circuit as well or will a micromodule such as AWM2 receive RF signals?

Hope someone can help,

Thanks,

Dan
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Re: X10 newbie lighting circuit question

You only need one TM13. As both the lighting and sockets come from the same supply at the consumer box, it here that it is split to lighting and sockets. An AWM2 has no RF capability. IF you connect the AWM2 upto 2 switches you can control an appliance that the module is conencted to and with the other switch control another X10 module elsewhere in the house.
    The range for the X10 RF equipment is quite good. So one TM13 is normally enough. You may have to play around with the location of it though.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• lloydwood
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2006

Re: X10 newbie lighting circuit question

That's great. The way X10 works makes a lot more sense now.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X