Thread: Icon 28t hot water problem

Automated Home Lurker

Default Icon 28t hot water problem

Hello
    I have a hot water problem with my Icon 28t since I bled a radiator and then had to re-pressurise the sealed system to get it to work again.
    Following the previous owners hand written instructions I turned the two red taps under the boiler and then opened the taps on either end of the braided flexible pipe until the pressure rose halfway into the working range.
    I switched everything back to where it was and thought that I'd fixed it but now the water starts to get hot and then turns cold again or if I turn the water on to just the right amount I can have a luke warm shower
    I have altered the adjustments for Heating and Hot water temperature but it does not seem to make much difference to the problem.
    Can anyone make any suggestions that might help me because showering is not much fun and my wife is not grateful for my attempts at all.

Default Re: Icon 28t hot water problem

could just be a coinsidence but i'd say the diaphragm has gone at the same time

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks sunbeam is that a valve or a pump or something else because if I can get a replacement and it's not too difficult I would like to fix it myself.

if you've got the instructions for the boiler its not bad,

the part is floppy round piece of rubber which will cost around a fiver.

Automated Home Lurker

I have servicing instructions for replacing the fan, pump, gas valve, domestic heat exchanger, thermistor and overheat thermostat but they do not mention a diaphragm so I don't know where it belongs.
    If you can tell me where it goes I hope to be able to find a supplier and decide if I need more instructions to do it myself or if I want to get someone in to do it for me.
    Thanks for your help.

Automated Home Lurker

Can anyone give me enough info to make a decision about what to do with this hot water problem?

if you can take the case off the boiler and post a picture i'll piont you in the direction.