• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • g
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2006

x10 lighting problems

I have 3 lamps controlled by X10 using Harmony software on my PC from Simply Automate, this has never worked correctly. I am now unable to uninstall Harmony cleanly and Simply Automate's tech. support is worse than useless.
    Anybody know of any PC based system to control 3 X10 lights or a company who can get this working for me - I'm in Essex.
    I'm disabled and being able to control my lights from my PC gives me some valued independence - any suggestions gratefully received.
    Gary
  • Jimll
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2006

Re: x10 lighting problems

I use and would recommend HomeSeer.

What problems are you having maybe we can help with your current config.

\Jim
    James Clabon

Comment

• g
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2006

Maybe I'm stupid but I'm getting lost trying to set up Homeseer.
      At this stage I'm considerig a remote control.

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Perhaps if you could explain exactly what the problem is that you have with Homeseer. And some information on your set up. X10 module types, are they appliance or lighting modules, plug in ones or ones you wire into the mains. Actual Model numbers it you know them would be great (such as LWM1 for example). Version number of Homeseer 1.7 or 2.0. Type of X10 interface, is it serial or USB. Operating system on your PC.
        Once we know all this then we can give you more information and probably solve your problems for you.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X