Thread: Baxi Bermuda quandry

Automated Home Lurker

Default Baxi Bermuda quandry

I've just moved into a new house where a Baxi Bermuda condensing boiler is fitted in the garage. The control panel is in the kitchen and has timers for both hot water and the heating. However the heating timer seems to have no effect whatsoever. If I want the heating on then I have to set the water heating to on. The previous owners only mentioned this as they were leaving and said that in summer they just turned all the radiator thermostats to 0 if they just wanted hot water. There is also a room thermostat in the lounge which is set low but I'm not sure if this is connected to the system. Please has anyone got any suggestions as to what the problem could be? I don't want to be needlessly having both water and heating on all the time.

Thanks
    John

Automated Home Lurker

Default Re: Baxi Bermuda quandry

I should add that the timer control is a Lifestyle LP241.
    John

it sounds like your system will give you hot water and central heating,

or hot water only,

if you have a cylinder stat try and turn that down and the room stat up but by the sounds of it i don't think you have a cylinder stat,

so turn on your system to hot water and central heating,turn your room stat down and see what gets warm,

then turn the room stat up,again see what gets warm,

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've since discovered that the boiler is in fact a Baxi Barcelona wall mounted powered flue condensing boiler.

It will only allow me to have heating and water at the same time. So if I just want water, I have to turn down all the radiator stats. Turning the control panel to heating only and turning up the wall stat just results in both the heating and water going off.

The boiler also appears to have just 'backfired' and needed to be restarted.

Thanks
    John