• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike-m
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2006

lm15eb

I am having problems setting up the above. The instructions include the following.

3. Turn the lamp switch on

5. ........ on the third press the lamp will turn on .................

These instructions contradict each other :?:

According to the instructions the module comes set to A2. I have the controller (SS13) set to A2 but it is not working. Can someone explain how I can check what code the LM15eb is set to and clarify how to carry out the initial set up.
  • mike-m
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2006

Been a bit of a Plonker with this. Been trying to use it in a ceiling rose. Of course it won't work as it's on a different circuit

Comment

• dealgan
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2006

Re: lm15eb

Hi Mike,
      It will not matter that its on a different circuit. The x10 signal gets transmitted around all the internal wiring of your home.

You didn't mention having a TM13 plugged in anywhere. This is the transceiver that takes the radio (rf) signal from your SS13 and transmits it onto the ouse wiring. Then the LM15 will receive that signal on the wiring.

I.E.
      SS13 --radio signal--TM13 --->house wiring -->LM15

Without the TM13, the RF signal from your SS13 goes nowhere .. you need the TM13 to pick up this radio signal and re-transmit on on the mains.

Regarding the instructions .. Step 3 is to physically operate the switch on the lamp itself. If that switch is off, then the LM15 is disconnected from the house wiring, and cannot receive any x10 signals.
      i.e. You will levae the lamp switched on always, and then the LM15 will become the control for the lamp.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,
      Declan

Comment

Working...
      X