Thread: Worcester 24i RSF problem

Automated Home Lurker

Default Worcester 24i RSF problem

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me. I have been having problems with my boiler. I was only able to get a hot shower by having the tap running in the kitchen downstairs. The heating would only work if the boiler was switched off then back on again. Then the problem changed. I had hot water but no heating for several weeks and hot water would only work if i switched the boiler off then on again, so we replaced the PCB. We now are able to get heating and hot water. But, when I want a shower in the morning I am only able to get hot water by turning the boiler off then on again. For the rest of the day it works fine. You can hear the boiler trying to ignite but nothing. Yet after i have switched it off then on it is fine. Any ideas anyone??? :?

Default Re: Worcester 24i RSF problem

just check there isn't any moisture getting into the boiler from the flue,

moisture could form on the spark electrode thus causing it to arc out,

after its sparked for a few times or fired up it's ok for the rest of the day.

Automated Home Lurker

Default Re: Worcester 24i RSF problem

Thankyou for your reply. I will get this checked out. I did notice a very small amout of water on top of the boiler a few weeks back around the flue so this would make sense.

Thanks