Thread: Glow-worm xtrafast Faulty

Automated Home Lurker

Default Glow-worm xtrafast Faulty

Hi All

I'm totally confused with the heating system in my house and different things ive been told and wonder if somebody here could guide me in the right direction.

My heating system uses a Glow-worm xtrafast combi boiler. Over the last few weeks the pressure keeps dropping made faster if the temp on the boiler is set higher. I refil the system and it works fine again.

With the boiler set to 55 im loosing aprox 0.2 bar of pressure per hour that the boiler runs

Is this likley to be some fault with the boiler or a leak in a pipe or something??

Also can anybody recommend the best way or tests I can do or get done to find out?

The system was fitted all new (boiler rads pipes etc) April 2005 and i brought the house April 2006. The heating was on low over winter so assume no damage was caused while the house was empty through cold.

I know the boiler is under warranty but the company that fitted are now out of business and I seem to get told a different fault every time which makes things even more confusing for me.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Default Re: Glow-worm xtrafast Faulty

when the heating is running check, the pressure gauge for rising above 3 bar,

check the blow off pipe than terminates outside for any signs of water,

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks for the info sumbeam

Ive looked at that tonight and all seems well, the pressure stays at the point the boilers filled up to and the pipe outside is dry.

However tonight ive only had a rad on in the bedroom all the downstairs shut off and its lost all its pressure in about 2 hours.

Im begining to think I may have a leak in a pipe downstairs somewhere :?:

looks like it paul, have a crawl round under the floor

Automated Home Lurker

Horay found it.

Had a leak from one of the 3 way plastic tee parts. Thanks for all the help, 1 person told me id need a new boiler!!!