Clear All
  • Dreadzone
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2006

x10 powermax+

I have installed the Powermax + system.

I have fitted a XM10U to a nearby socket

and a AM12U to a nearby tablelamp.

I have enabled the aux button in the powermax control panel to control X10.

I try to turn the lamp on remotely and nothing happens.

Do i need to 'enroll' the XM10U because it is a two way device? I tried,but the powermax kept telling me it had 'failed'

can anyone help me?

thanks
  • b_weijenberg
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2006

Re: x10 powermax+

Set the House code in the console menu.
    Set the selection on the backside of the Powermax to 1-W because the AM12 is a one-way device.
    On the Powermax console you can switch the AM12 on and off using the pushbuttons. When switching an X10 On or Off the LED on the XM10 should blink.

See also: http://forum.homesecuritystore.com/i...10b1&board=4.0

Bert

Comment

• Dreadzone
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2006

Bert, thanks for your suggestions,i tried these and i'm still not working.

Could it be the cable i am using between the Powermax and the XM10U? I have a standard 'rj11' 4 core cable,which was previously used as a means of connecting my ADSL modem to my phone line.

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Does the LED on the XM10 flash when you send an X10 command via the poermax. If not then its either the cable or the XM10 module, I would go for the cable first. It needs to be a straight through cable ie 1 to 1 2 to 2 etc. Actually only pins 2 to 5 are used. You my need to make one up or get one made up for you.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Dreadzone
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2006

Ok i have checked the cable,and its a 1 to 1 cable,not a crossover cable.

When i press the 'AUX' button on my keyfob,the red LED on XM10U blinks for a few seconds,but still the light does not come on.

I have tried different sockets around the house,and also checked the bulb(in case it blew!!!)

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

Have you tried to control the module from the keypad on the panel probably won´t work but its worth a try. Also check that the house and unit code have been set correctly in the powermax and on the X10 module. Its worth checking the other settings in the powermax to make sure they are correct, especially the settings for the key fob. If all is ok and it still doesn´t work then try another house code and or unit code.
            IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
            X