Thread: HOT WATER TAP IN BATH RUNS COLD IF TURNED ON FULL

Automated Home Lurker

Default HOT WATER TAP IN BATH RUNS COLD IF TURNED ON FULL

We have recently moved into a new flat and for the first month the hot water in the bath was running fine. Now all of a sudden the water will only run hot if it is ran slowly - if turned on full power it runs cold. The taps are mixer taps with a shower attachment - which from looking online may be part of the problem? Can someone help as I cant afford a plumber right now and we can't have a shower and it takes about 1/2 hour to run a bath......

I live in a Glasgow tenement flat and know that next door has recently had a new bathroom fitted - could this be part of the problem??

:x

Default Re: HOT WATER TAP IN BATH RUNS COLD IF TURNED ON FULL

if it's only just gone like this then there's a problem with the gas supply.

a usual combi will give you around 11 litres per min of hot water,

hold a milk bottle under the tap and it should fill it in around 6 seconds,

Automated Home Lurker

even though the hot water is running fine from both the kitchen and bathroom sinks - ie they can run full power and run hot. Its only the bath where we need to run the water slowly to get hot water?

do you mean a problem with the boiler or the gas supply? how do I go about addressing this?

thanks for posting a reply

if the water is running fine from other taps then i'd say there's nothing wrong with the boiler,

don't forget that the bath tap will deliver a lot more water than a sink tap,